Tuesday, June 27, 2006

open studio



My dearest and oldest friend has had a hard year, battling depression. I painted this for her. I'll get to see her in August so I'll give it to her then, for her new house. She's a florist and peonys are the most gorgeous luscious flowers, my favourite. The colours are kind of crazy but I like the way they vibrate off each other. I hope it has a positive energy that'll bring something positive to her, if only knowing that its made with love.



and this is my girls playroom. My studio is under construction at this very moment. any month now it'll be done. So for the time being I paint in this fantastic light filled space. Its fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And it is definitely made with love. What sweet words.

Teri said...

It is beautiful and perfect for your friend.Very sweet thing to do for her.

Stacia said...

Love the peonies...nice colors and I like the repeated wavy petals. It brought a smile to my lips. I'm sure it will do the same for your friend.

Regina said...

Beautiful painting! I love those gorgeous red flowers!